Growing professionally gives an immense sense of self-actualization and it requires persistent effort.
- Before starting each work day, write down what you want to achieve today.
- At the end of each work day, analyze what you could achieve, and think what went well and what needs improvement.
- Keep yourself abreast with your area of work (technology and business).
- Learn from whoever you can. If other person can teach you then you are at receiving end and be humble about it.
- Join professional societies, attend conferences and contribute to articles in professional journals.
- Learn to negotiate to get what you feel you deserve. Getting work satisfaction is very important to keep you enthused.
- Network with professional enthusiasts.
- Read at least 1 business book every month.
- Read professional publications and blogs.
- Start a blog and write at least one article every week.
- Take external certificates in your field of work. There should be at least 1 certificate every year.
- Take help from your mentor.
- Offer to help others. Don’t impose your suggestion because if your suggestion is good and received well then it will be considered.
- Make past achievements your benchmark and strive to achieve more. Move out before settling into your comfort zone.
- Take planned break to avoid burnout and keep the productivity up. When taking a break, don’t work.
Would you like to add any more points?